Thursday, 9 April 2009

kerstin gavler




I was reading the post of Tiny Happy afew weeks ago when I came across her post about a book she had been given on Swedish Embroidery Design. I was really interested so found a copy of it second hand through Abebooks (if you haven't come across this site- it's a great way to find second hand books and often has more choice than the amazon used books).
The designer who really stood out to me was Kerstin Gavler. I love the images that she uses in her designs, particularly the little chicken birds. Unfortunately I can't find anything about Kerstin Gavler that isn't written in Swedish which is frustrating, so if anyone knows anything about her please let me know....

I've enlarged one of her designs and I'm in the process of cutting it out as a Lino print. It is taking quite some time but is enjoyable. It's one of those things that you just want to keep on going forever, like a good book! But I have plans for other designs in Lino once this is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment