Sunday, 28 February 2010

mistakes....



this is an etching that one of my students made a few years ago. She used soft ground and there were some flaws in the ground meaning that the acid has fouled the plate in many areas but I love it and think that it is the flaws that make it enchanting... unfortunately the student didn't share my opinion.....
in our youth imperfection is a flaw, as we grow old it is the irregularities of life that we relish, the worn patina that provide the character of life!

1 comment:

  1. It is lovely.
    I often have the same problem with my students, my children and my self. The minds eye does not accept what it sees as a mistake, but fate likes to have a hand in drawing and creativity too. I call them happy mistakes, this always makes my students snort, sometimes they get it though.

    ReplyDelete