Sunday, 13 June 2010

drawing...


I've spent a couple of hours today making drawings of foxgloves. I love drawing! ahhhhh... it's like some kind of meditation to me. Totally absorbing, deliciously relaxing and enjoyable, exhausting.... but totally fulfilling.
The drawing is going to be used for an etching.... possibly life size, if I can solve the problems of placing an aquatint onto a plate size 1000mm x 500mm, getting it into a bath of mordant and then printing it in my press..... (I'll solve these mere trifles!!!! um! did someone mention trifle.... I'm off to find a bowl of Rhubarb with real Dairy Ice Cream - we're watching 'Julie & Julia'... it's making me hungry!)


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful watercolour.

    Hope you enjoyed the movie - all that food!

    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhubarb and banana crumble, I know it sounds strange but it works.

    ReplyDelete