Sunday, 13 June 2010

Mistle Thrush in the Rhubarb




progress with the print...

I've cut the second layer and had a quick go at printing them separately and then together. I printed the second layer before allowing the first to dry at all, which I know you shouldn't do (I was snatching time as usual!) .... but I really like the effect!
In the areas where there is none of the pale ink the Dark Bronze Blue ink retains that very dark hue but in the areas where it is printing onto wet ink a third hue is created. Now, I have a dilemma! do I print them in the correct manner ie, after allowing the first layer to dry.... or do I throw caution and tradition to the wind and do my own thing.... um!

2 comments:

  1. It was lovely to meet you yesterday in Malvern. Such beautiful work! I still have my eye on this chap...

    ReplyDelete