Thursday, 23 October 2014

Leaf Prints: a visual storehouse for the Winter

Over the past few days I've been making leaf prints using the etching press.  Autumn is here and the leaves are fast disappearing from the trees,  I'm conscious that it won't be long until the flora that I love to draw from will have died back for the winter.

So, I've been collecting leaves, inking and printing them, so that during the winter months I have a store of beautiful images to work from.  I'm always amazed at how incredible these leaf prints are. The design and detail is phenomenal.... nature will always be a far better artist than I will ever be!


I collected these leaves from Westonbirt Arboretum, Lovells Vineyard and from the beautiful woods just up the lane, which is the outermost fringes of the Forest of Dean

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful beautiful x i need to come print something!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful beautiful x i need to come print something!

    ReplyDelete