Thursday, 30 April 2015

April Auriculas at Crescent Plants



Today I visited the wonderful collection of Auriculas that are tended by June Poole at Crescent Plants.  I first learned about these plants some years ago and have always wanted to bring them into my work somehow.  Today I went and spent a glorious day drawing in greenhouses full of these beautiful delicate plants.  Every colour and shade you could think of... and to find their correct names and classifications please visit June's site.
.
It is possible to order direct from the Crescent Plants website or call and arrange a visit... although April is the best month to see them at their best!  Crescent Plants is located in Marden, North Herefordshire and June also has a stand at the RHS Malvern Spring Garden Show each year.

I couldn't resist buying a few to start my own small collection...  over the weekend we'll be making some kind of a 'auricula theatre' to display them in.







Below is an image of some curtains which June photographed at Berrington Hall near Leominster, a National Trust property.  They are of particular interest as the design contains an image of an Auricula.


No comments:

Post a Comment